Best beginner sniper rifle

jaeproductions
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As you'll know if you've seen me around these forums, I'm really new to airsofting ATM. Now my mate's seen my stuff and he wants to get into airsoft now.

Can anybody reccommend some good beginner snipers? Around £100? I know that's cheap for a sniper.

He saw the ASG Urban Sniper at Patrol Base for £110, with a bipod and scope! But it's gas so he wants a spring/bolt-action sniper. I've seen people in these forums getting GBBRs as their first rifles but they just have more moving parts and stuff to go wrong, and for a beginner they're harder to maintain.

So I looked around on the trusted sites such as Z1, airsoftworld, geniestuff, actionhobbies. Found the W700 Super 9 by UHC Taiwan, around £80 from, geniestuff, I think.

I also saw something about that gun on these forums, but can't find it now, does anybody have it, has anybody used it? And if so please tell me if it's a good gun, there are no reviews on these forums.

• Supporters

I wouldn't recommend it.

My brother borrowed a mate's one and the sears went on the firs game.

I've just done a really quick Google search for potential upgrades, and there isn't a lot.

The ASG Urban Sniper on Patrol Base isn't gas, it's spring. My mate has the Well one from Action Hobbies.

It shoots alright for a cheap, non-upgraded sniper.

It takes almost the same internal upgrades as the L96. Same cylinder set, barrel (although shorter) and hop up. The different part is the trigger box, as it's different shape, but I think it takes the same sears.

£100 is not a lot really. I would suggest saving up for something that is a solid upgrade platform, like the L96 series or JG Bar-10/VSR-10.

Oh yeah I can see the bolt on it now. Thanks for your help.

Well to be honest he's all of sudden made a really quick decision to get into airsofting, and IDKY.

I think it's because he saw my gun and realised he liked airsoft too, but a couple of weeks ago he was calling me a bit of a nerd for it...

anyway I'll tell him and we'll go to Patrol Base and you know take a look at all our options. (probably worth spending an extra £50 and upgrading to an L96 like you said)

I know I can get kit for him real cheap, like a belt platform, couple of mag pouches etc but I still don't understand where he wants to go and skirmish or anything. No doubt he has thought of it all but yeah I just don't want me mate to spend like £200 and waste it, after all he was saying he was skint too. (but saying that, so am I, I got money out of the bank to pay for it)

Does anybody know skirmish sites near Dewsbury?

Archived