Snow Wolf M24 - PDI/Laylax Compatibility

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm looking on behalf of a friend, and I'm stumped as to what parts it takes.

Here's what I've heard from various places:

- it takes L96 parts, but different trigger.

- it takes APS2 parts, but VSR hop and barrel.

- it takes VSR parts, but its own hop and barrel.

- it takes the same parts as the CA M24.

Here's what I know:

- PDI make a hop chamber specifically for it.

- PDI make a barrel specifically for it (with stock hop chamber and for with their hop chamber).

- PDI make a cylinder set for it, but apparently there are two versions of it - one takes VSR cylinder, other takes APS2 cylinder parts.

What I would like to know:

- What Laylax (or PDI otherwise) trigger unit would be compatible - zero trigger preferably?

- How do I know what one I'm ordering - the VSR or APS2 type one?

- What Laylax cylinder set (cylinder, cylinder head, piston, piston head, spring guide and spring) will fit it?

- Is the threading on the outer barrel the same as the CA M24?

Thanks for any help, if you're assuming/making guesses please state that, don't want incorrect information.

Liam.

Internal system: Tokyo Marui VSR-10 system. Takes all Angel Custom / Laylax VSR-10 upgrade parts.

From other research I believe its a hybrid of several things, not worth the effort.

As said on another forum: "expect to do a lot of custom fitting if you buy this gun."

Source: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=33422

So:

Vsr trigger unit.

No idea on cylinder set.

I believe the outer barrel is the same as the CA M24 but that is from what others have said and the internet often lies :S

Also see:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lofivers...hp/t217109.html

• Supporters

Thanks, haven't seen that on Evike, but have seen that forum link at the bottom.

I've also emailed PDI asking what trigger unit (if any) will fit it, and I've emailed Action Hobbies as they stock them.

• 1 month later...

there are two versions of the SW M24. One based on the VSR trigger mech and the other APS2 Type96.

I have worked on the APS version and coan confirm........

It takes APS2 Type96 (MB-01) spring guides, piston spring. The piston sear is also compatible but the trigger sear is unique.

The hop is also unique, it is basically an L96 hop chamber but uses a lever, just like the M99. Thats why they say "vsr based hop", very loosely termed imo.

Hop rubber is unique but Falcon do one, in blue @ 70 degree - see ehobbyasia.

These can be a right "b!tch" to get right. Took me 8 hours on one just to get it to shoot straight!

Archived