Ares Piston compatibility?

Grounded_Pilot
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have managed to accidentally stumble across a piston that fits the Ares G36 V3 series.

I thought it was worth posting as ARES are notoriously hard to find compatible pistons (among other things!) And I have not seen anyone mention this piston before in "What piston fits my ares g36?" threads anywhere on the net!

I found it when I was trying to replace my SR25's piston, ordered the wrong one- then decided it looked similar to my Ares.

The piston was an "SHS NYLON POLYMER PISTON - 3 TOOTH - V2 V3 - AIRSOFT" exact name from Ebay. Damn! Nice good stuff!

Image taken from the ebay sales:

SPOILER View
SHS_3_TOOTH_PISTON.jpg

I have managed to accidentally stumble across a piston that fits the Ares G36 V3 series.

I thought it was worth posting as ARES are notoriously hard to find compatible pistons (among other things!) And I have not seen anyone mention this piston before in "What piston fits my ares g36?" threads anywhere on the net!

I found it when I was trying to replace my SR25's piston, ordered the wrong one- then decided it looked similar to my Ares.

The piston was an "SHS NYLON POLYMER PISTON - 3 TOOTH - V2 V3 - AIRSOFT" exact name from Ebay. Damn! Nice good stuff!

Image taken from the ebay sales:

SPOILER View
SHS_3_TOOTH_PISTON.jpg

So far every SHS piston I hae tried fits the g36.. This includes

SHS 3,1,14,15and half rack pistons...

So far every SHS piston I hae tried fits the g36.. This includes

SHS 3,1,14,15and half rack pistons...

I am just amazed I haven't heard about this sooner!

Everyone just seems to complain about ares and say "contact Ares themselves or a supplier about a compatible piston"...

Thought I'd share with anyone else :P

Archived