My Wishlist/Shopping List

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

As I am a Noob to the world of airsoft I'd like to get some feedback on the RIFs that I'm planning on getting once the money comes in.

ok so heres my "wishlist"

Main weapon:

G&P Magpul MOE CQB M4 in black

Attachments:

MOE RIS set

Aimpoint 30mm Red Dot Sight <- I already have this!

Madbull Tracer Unit

Element AN/PEQ 16-A Illuminator/Laser

Stubby Foregrip

Side Arm:

Tokyo Marui GBB Glock 17

any feedback (positive or negative) will be greatly appreciated.

• Supporters

I have a G&P M16, which has the same internals as the MOE CQB M4.

I had a few problems with it at first, one being that it was 360 FPS, which is too high for my local sites (this was due to a tightbore barrel being installed), the FPS was quite inconsistent, as was the accuracy, turns out these were both down to the hop rubber I had installed. I had the MabBull Blue installed, which I swapped back for the original G&P one and now it shoots amazingly. Has a really good ROF and trigger response, which is always nice in a gun. The externals by G&P are also great, no faults with them at all.

I also have a TM GBB Glock 17, which I love.

It's plastic, as most TM weapons are, but it's sturdy and actually feels like metal. It has great accuracy and range, I use .25g BBs in it.

I've not encountered any problems, apart from when it was used literally all day on an extremely hot day (32 degrees C), which the slide twisted and almost came off. It didn't crack or break though, and with a bit (lot) of force went back on and is now functioning as before.

I'd definitely recommend both these guns.

Not sure on anything else in your list though, as I've never actually used it.

• Supporters

First things first, do you have your VCRFA defence all in order? If so, great. If not, do a bit of reading.

You've picked a good pair of weapons to start with, nothing I'd change about those. What I can tell you for a fact is that a PEQ-16 will look really weird on a MOE handguard; they're fat, chunky units and when you take in to account the handguards have quite a streamlined design plus the MOE rails will cause it to stick out quite a lot more than a metal railed handguard, you won't appreciate the aesthetic or the ergonomics once you've mounted it I can assure you. Also, Element electronics are cheap and flimsy as hell, I've bought two of their lights and two PEQ boxes in my time, all fell apart within 1 skirmish without any outside impact, just pressing the buttons. Lasers are fairly redundant in airsoft anyway, but if you plan on playing night games or at partially dark CQB sites then just get yourself a MOE light kit and a small, simple torch that's well made and a cheap RIS light mount (ensuring you buy the correct size of ring).

In terms of a foregrip, I highly recommend the MOE Vertical Grip (MVG) over anything rail mounted if you're getting something with Magpul handguards already in place. They MVG is specifically designed for the MOE handguards and the interface is superior in every way, which makes for an infinitely more comfortable grip on the weapon as well as straight up better ergonomics all round.

Thanks for the feedback Liam, its much appreciated.

First things first, do you have your VCRFA defence all in order? If so, great. If not, do a bit of reading.

Yes I recently got my UKARA "players number" from my local Skirmish site (Bunker 51 in Charlton)

Also thanks for the advice on the PEQ and Foregrip, I will most definately look into MOE mounted alternatives.

Lee.

CKinnerly how do you think this set up would work on the MOE CQB M4

MOE Illumination Kit

Mount

Ultrafire Flashlight

and of course as you already suggested the MVG.

One thing I noticed is that the mount for the flashlight is slightly longer than the rails with MOE illumination kit. Do you think this will cause me problems?

Lee.

Archived