Selling RIF's and UKARA

snowy70838
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

An under 18 cannot get UKARA registered, as one of the requirements is to be 18+.

Also, it is illegal to sell both, IF and RIF, to anyone under 18, registered or not.

An under 18 cannot get UKARA registered, as one of the requirements is to be 18+.

Also, it is illegal to sell both, IF and RIF, to anyone under 18, registered or not.

Thanks, sorry i didn't write that question very well.

The second part should have just said is it illegal to sell and RIF to an over 18 without a UKARA registration.

Thanks

Thanks, sorry i didn't write that question very well.

The second part should have just said is it illegal to sell and RIF to an over 18 without a UKARA registration.

Thanks

I have found the answer else where on this forum now.

Thanks

• Supporters

snowy you seem to be missing the fact that UKARA is not the law and if the purchaser were to give you their name and the phone number of the site their a member at this would also be acceptable

snowy you seem to be missing the fact that UKARA is not the law and if the purchaser were to give you their name and the phone number of the site their a member at this would also be acceptable

I am aware that the VCR is the law. But i am also trying to stay on the right side of the law.

I can easily check if someone is UKARA registered or if a site is UKARA registered. So this is the route i will take when selling my RIF's.

Thanks for your help.

I am aware that the VCR is the law. But i am also trying to stay on the right side of the law.

I can easily check if someone is UKARA registered or if a site is UKARA registered. So this is the route i will take when selling my RIF's.

Thanks for your help.

This I find comical as I can provide you with tripe above but you said it isn't acceptable???

• Supporters

He also as the seller has the right to deny any validty of any defence unless he advertises as accepting it eg the only one he is accepting is UKARA reg which is fairly common.

• Supporters

You can still sell to someone who isn't registered by talking with their local site as the site dosen't have to be UKARA registered.

• 1 month later...

Flip, as the seller he has the absolute right to decide who he sells to. There is no compunction to sell to anyone. In this case, he has to weight the risk of prosecution under the VCRA. If you cannot satisfy him that you are a person who has a legitimate reason to possess an RIF, then he has no defense in law. He can absolutely set whatever level of proof he feels happy with.

UKARA is not the only way of proving a good reason, but it is the simplest for someone to check. If you say "I'm a member of XXX site, here's their number, ring them and ask them" and he is of a suspicious mindset he may well think "actually, what's to stop him giving me his mates number". You see the difficulties? If he checks with UKARA and gets a positive answer then he has shown due diligence in law, in ensuring that you have a good reason, and so he does not risk prosecution.

If it matters to you that much, it's not too difficult to get UKARA registration.

Archived