ICS L85 10v LiPo compatibility?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi folks,

My L85 is A* perfect in every way, except with regard to the trigger response, it's a little slow. The only way I can think of improving it is by using a higher voltage battery, I'm thinking of getting a 10.whateveritis LiPo.

My worry is that either the motor, gears or piston won't be able to handle the higher speed/voltage, do any of you guys know if the gun can take it?

I tend to very rarely use auto and I'll use it even more rarely if the trigger response is sharpened up, so do you think I'll get by, or what? Any upgrades to make it work? New piston maybe? Does anyone recommend any? I think the gears and motor ought to be alright as they're pretty damn good anyway.

I'm also worried the AR latch might break from the higher speed and I'm not sure if replacements can be readily bought since the part is proprietary to the ICS L85.

Will the gun be up to the task? Or should I find a work around? Anyone have any other trigger response speed fixes?

Cheers,

Ed.

• 2 months later...
Hi folks,

My L85 is A* perfect in every way, except with regard to the trigger response, it's a little slow. The only way I can think of improving it is by using a higher voltage battery, I'm thinking of getting a 10.whateveritis LiPo.

My worry is that either the motor, gears or piston won't be able to handle the higher speed/voltage, do any of you guys know if the gun can take it?

I tend to very rarely use auto and I'll use it even more rarely if the trigger response is sharpened up, so do you think I'll get by, or what? Any upgrades to make it work? New piston maybe? Does anyone recommend any? I think the gears and motor ought to be alright as they're pretty damn good anyway.

I'm also worried the AR latch might break from the higher speed and I'm not sure if replacements can be readily bought since the part is proprietary to the ICS L85.

Will the gun be up to the task? Or should I find a work around? Anyone have any other trigger response speed fixes?

Cheers,

Ed.

Try a Mosfet mate.

Archived