RIFs from LA

Wilson1989
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all,

Im being sent to LA with work in a few months, and am going to drop in to Airsoft GI for a look and a game.

Might just rent a gun if its going to be a pain in the arse, but if I bought one, how do I get it back?

I am UKARA registered, but bet I can carry one on to an international flight.

Anyone done this before?

Ultimately it's similar to if you're importing one from a retailer. You'll need to prove you have a defense under the VCRA. I would imagine the easiest way is to post it to yourself with your UKARA details on the box and pick it up when you arrive in Blighty.

As for airlines, I'd phone and check. Ask them if it's OK to ship a toy gun/airsoft gun in the hold - I wouldn't push the term "replica firearm" or people assume it's a blank firer that you can easily convert to firing real bullets etc... They may want to check it over, always a good idea to have an airsoft magazine handy in the box to show them it's like "paintball" etc.. and is in no way real.

If they're OK to carry it, you'll still need to declare it to UK customs so you'll again need to have your UKARA details ready or risk getting it confiscated!

As said easiest option is to post it with your ukara/skirmish details on it. Most airlines allow stuff to be shipped in the hold, but it would have to be in a locked case, probably a hard case if you don't want it broke by the gorillas/baggage handlers and you may have to go through the declare lane/firearms sub department which is a right royal PITA (having transported shotguns before it really is a PITA)

Archived