GR16A2 to A4 Conversion

Sike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys, i recently got the G&G GR16A2 (plastic) and i love it, skirmished with it at Ambush Chobam last sunday, work flawlessly, whilst speaking to the marshall about why i chose the M16 over the M4, i said to him about converting it to an A4.

here is my A2: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=5647

a thought occured to me, could i buy this: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=5645

and just swap the upper recievers over? or would i have to buy a complete A4 receiver set.

i would prefer not to get a metal body as i like to lightweightness (is that a real word?) of the nylon fibre G&G body.

thanks for your helps

Scott

• Supporters

You seem to be confusing M4s and A4s.

A4s are the burst variant of the M16 - the M16A4 - with RIS as standard. M4s are shortened M16s, or carbines, more similar to the M16A3. The fire mode is the main operational difference.

But yes, in all likelyhood all the parts from both your gun and the one you linked will be interchangeable.

You seem to be confusing M4s and A4s.

A4s are the burst variant of the M16 - the M16A4 - with RIS as standard. M4s are shortened M16s, or carbines, more similar to the M16A3. The fire mode is the main operational difference.

But yes, in all likelyhood all the parts from both your gun and the one you linked will be interchangeable.

i do know the difference between an M4 and a m16 :P, what i meant is, can i swap the flattop upper on the CM16 onto my GR16 therefore turning it into an A4, the CM16 will then become a M727.

so M16A2 -> M16A4 (with A2 handguards)

and M4A1 -> M727 (delta force in black hawk down)

then i would either sell the M727 or have it as a loaner gun to my friends

Archived