Confused with battery

FredDixon1989
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I have tried using the Battery Calculator but I came out with 16+ hours.

Can someone tell me what settings to charge on and how long for, 1st time and 2nd time.

Batter = Ni-Mh 9.6V 1600mAH

Charger = very confusing as it has a dial for 50/80/120/180/240/300 and dont know what one to use. Thanks.

Fred.

P.S, this is the writing the charger possess.

MODEL:MW2168

PRI:230v~50Hz 11 .3W

SEC:1.2V-12V

50mA-80mA-120mA-180mA

-240mA-300mAa 3.6VA(max)

Not sure where you got those calculations..300mAa would take 6.4 hours,50ma would take 38.4 hours.

Use the 300(=0.3v) setting.

For reference the easiset way to figure it is to divide the MaH 1600 by 100=1.6,then 1.6v is the max charge rate you can use.1.6v where 300 mAh = 0.3 v.

Not sure what charger you have it sounds like a base model.

Hello, on the topic of guns, my battery does not connect to my battery. I'm very confused.

Why..different connectors perhaps.?

Found the charger it is a base model but better to trickle charge than over-charge or charge too fast.

You get a selection of leads but it won't mean you get the correct one for your battery.

The croco clips would be for something like a m/cycle battery.

Any leads can be purchased from any good supplier such as here...

It looks like a small Tamiya on your battery which is pretty standard.

You can either remove the plug off of the charger and attach a suitable Tamiya connector or alternatively get a suitable connector with a Tamiya on the end.

If you intend playing for any length of time you will get a better charger with a wider range of settings and leads such as the Imax B6 which will charge all battery types.

You get a selection of leads but it won't mean you get the correct one for your battery.

The croco clips would be for something like a m/cycle battery.

Any leads can be purchased from any good supplier such as here...

Thanks, im still very unsure on what part I need but at least im on the right tracks. ;-)

Got it...the plug in situ pulls off of the lead,two pins connect it.

When you pull that one off the Tamiya lead will push on in it's place.

Thisimage should show you how it all connects.

The charger lead has a universal 2 pin connector and you swap the leads over to suit..

looked at it an thought, rubbish, its a sealed unit, then it wobbled and thought, WOW, how on earth did you know that.

Thanks mate, Great Help, :-D

Most of us started with them,I just had to refresh my memory,good luck.

Archived