Returning to UK with purchased AEG

Exeth
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI.

I am currently a student studying abroad in Japan and i only got into airsoft with some experienced friends shortly before leaving the UK.

While in Japan i came across a great deal on a RIF WA1911 which i purchased and i am now wondering how to get it home as i am not UKARA registered.

I have been reading up all the laws and i am a little confused over the matter of how to get it home as i would be loath to part with it.

are any of the following viable options?

If i mail it back to my home address or take it with me in my checked luggage i am guessing i will fall foul of the no importing Rifs law?

Alternatively if i spray half of the gun would that make it legal? (just curious, not wanting to ruin the gun)

Leave it with a friend here in Japan, come home and get UKARA membership and then have my friend ship it to my home address?

Any advice would be fantastic, regards

Leave it with a friend here in Japan, come home and get UKARA membership and then have my friend ship it to my home address?

Not necessarily UKARA, but get a defence sorted, then get it posted to you with details of the defence fixed to the package, along with all your contact details for UKBA.

Proof that you are a skirmisher, reenactor or one of the other defences and exemptions laid out in the VCR act. UKARA is a retailers organisation, set up to cover their backs. It is not the only way to comply with the act.

Thanks a lot :)

Archived