How has airsoft changed ?

kitkat
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys

I last played airsoft around 2006 and I'm looking to start up again. Can anyone give me a brief rundown about how the game re law, type of guns etc has changed in the last 6 years ?

Many thanks

Kitkat

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

To buy a fully black gun, you now need to prove you are an airsofter. Most common way of doing this is getting on the UKARA database. You just have to play 3 games in no less than 2 months at a registered site. Otherwise you can get an IF (two-tone) which is 50% a bright colour. You only need to be 18 then.

Hiya

Thank you for the welcome and reply. Cool, well that's better then I thought as I thought I'd end up having to have a bright gun forever ! Lol. How about game play etc. I found that alot of people were cheating and I lost interest. Is there anything in place that stops that now ? Also, are the guns anymore powerful ?

Again, thanks for the reply

• AF-UK Founding Member

Nothing to stop cheating. It's down to game sites really. If you find it bad play somewhere else, they'll soon have to act on it or have no players.

Power is pretty much the same, you can't have anything over 373fps on a 0.2g for an AEG though otherwise it is classed as a firearm due to being 'potentially lethal' or something along those lines.

Archived