KJ works P226

Glen666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am having trouble with both of my kj works mags they are both leaking from the bottom, i have tried the basic remove and spray with silicone spray which kind of helped but it didn't completely fix the leak. I am going to change the o rings later but apart form that I cannot think of how to fix it. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?? I have heard that the Marui mags are compatible or should I cut my loses and get a new gun?

Cheers fellas

• Supporters

I'm having the exact same problem with mine, the mags are pretty badly designed...

I'm not sure Marui mags are compatible, I was under the impression that they aren't.

What I plan to do once I've bought some insulation tape, is take the bottom plate off and wrap tape around the bottom piece just above where the pins go through to hold it to the mag's main body.

Enough tape to seal the leak, but obviously not so much that I can't get the mag back together. It'll probably be a lot easier said than done but it's the only thing I can think of doing, if it works then it shouldn't matter whether or not you leave the mags gassed or not, as tape isn't going to dry out like an O-ring.

I figure it's worth a shot if nothing else. I am actually looking for a new pistol though, I'm going for a CO2 one, no seals to worry about with CO2 capsules and they perform very will even in freezing temperatures, plus the kick on them is immense.

Out of interest, where have you got hold of the O-rings you're about to try? Are they specific to the KJW Sig or did you just pick up a bunch from a hardware shop?

Well I'm gonna ask a couple of the fellas I know that have marui p226 an see if I can run a mag through mine.

That's a good idea but aren't the co2 guns over the fps?? Or is there some you can use?

The o rings are from a mate of mine who's a plumber to be honest so if they dont work I might try the insulation tape as I don't really wanna but another kj mag if this is going to keep happening, the most irritating thing about it is that if just brought a blackhawk serpa for it and now can't use it until I sort the mags

• Supporters

The fps can be higher, but I had a go with a KJW M1911A1 running CO2 last weekend and I chrono'd that at 316fps, though is was a pretty cold day.

I doubt it'd ever shoot hotter than 330fps though, so you ought to be alright. I'm getting one either way lol.

The only thing to check for is that some sites don't allow the use of CO2 for anything, whether it be grenades, snipers, SMGs, pistols, assault rifles or whatever, but if your local site are cool with CO2 like mine are, then it'd definitely worth swapping over for the performance alone.

CO2 is also easier to come by than green gas as the capsules are sold all over the place, even bike shops have them for CO2 tyre pumps.

Ah fair enough I will have to make some calls. Cheers for that, hopefully I can find one that will be useable if not I might even get an aep, I know someone who is running a G18 and it's pretty good tbh I nicked it off him the other week for a game.

If not just an excuse to buy a new gun :) which is never a bad thing.

• Supporters

Given up I see, are you going for the AEP then?

I've managed to offload mine to a mate with two mags and laser grips for £120... Kinda painful how badly airsoft kit depreciates...

I need £140 for my CO2 MEU replacement.

Yeh I did notice you had better luck than I did.

Yeh it does but thats the way it goes unfortunately, I've still got a 1911 to keep me busy.

It might be worth contacting Badgertac as I know a friend of mine got a co2 compatible 1911 pistol last weekend he's on my friends so drop him a line if you want to know how much he got it for.

Im thinking I'm gonna get another 1911 or a high Cappa still not decided yet.

• Supporters

I just realised you joined the forums on my birthday last year.

How awesome of you lol.

Good luck with the sale and finding a replacement, no need to ask your mate. I might just get down to the Arms Fair next month and see if I can't pick up a bargain or something, probably the best thing to do.

Haha I'm just thoughtful like that.

Cheers, hopefully I can make my mind up there's just so much to chose from :)

That sounds like a cracking idea I need to see if there's any events down this way.

Archived