Help on boot choice

Sike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys, looking to get a pair of boots, budget is £40 including P&P, found these 2 but dont know what one is better.

http://www.military1st.co.uk/12826002-us-j...oots-black.html

or

http://www.play.com/Clothing/T-Shirts/-/30...%7d%2b&ob=4

the us jungle boots are what i wear with my modern kit and were my first pair of boots, cheap enough and very comfy once you break them in.

downside they arent exactly water proof being so breatheable and mesh sides, and they've taken the most breaking in of any boot i've owned

upside, like i said comfy cheap for a good set of boots and will last (about 4 years now i've had mine)

as for the second lot i didnt even know play.com sold boots :rolleyes:

It's hard to tell too much without feeling either of them. Neither of them state they're waterproof so i wouldn't go wading in them!

I know it sounds daft but look on eBay for boots. I got a pair of £90 magnums for £20 (incl P&P) said he wore them twice (and I believe him, original box and packaging, no wear to the sole, clean).

People wonder about the hygiene aspect might have forgotten you're gonna be running around in muddy fields sweating your rear end off lol

go to a army surplus and get some british assault boots, as well as inner soles (i cut out some soles from a roll mat, and then put some inner soles i bought from america on top). the most comfortable things you'll ever wear (about 10-20 miles to break in though), and they'll last you, my pair is still going strong after 4 years and who knows what the previous owner put them through.

Archived