G&G RK74-E low fps problem

Shaven_Ape
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Right i bought a G&G RK74-E last year, had a great time with it until at the end of July the microswitch in the ETU crushed. I emailed G&G about this and as the gun was under warranty they sent me a new one, now as i said it was under warranty so i took it to my local airsoft shop where after approximately 6 weeks i picked it up after they had fitted the new ETU.

Fast forward another 3 weeks i go to skirmish the gun and im now getting 170fps on .28g, compare this to pre ETU breaking of circa 285fps.

So i try contacting the shop which carried out the work, repeatedly, to no avail. It was at this point i then try the shop that is run by my regular site, again a few weeks pass i collect the gun and still 170 fps.

By this point the warranty has now expired along with my patience so last week i open the gearbox, nothing obvious to see that is causing the low fps, i strip the gearbox down, clean everything and do a rudimentary compression test, at which point i find that the seal is less than ideal. So i order a ASG ultimate cylinder, cylinder head, piston, piston head and an m105 spring.

I assemble everything, quick compression check, everything is good, gun back together, .28g bbs and..

170fps again.

Im now at a complete and utter impass, i have no idea what can be causing this fps drop. The fact the cylinder, piston and spring have been swapped out and im still getting 170fps is completely baffling, does anyone have any ideas?

• 3 months later...
On 22/03/2018 at 21:09, Shaven_Ape said:

Hi all,

Right i bought a G&G RK74-E last year, had a great time with it until at the end of July the microswitch in the ETU crushed. I emailed G&G about this and as the gun was under warranty they sent me a new one, now as i said it was under warranty so i took it to my local airsoft shop where after approximately 6 weeks i picked it up after they had fitted the new ETU.

Fast forward another 3 weeks i go to skirmish the gun and im now getting 170fps on .28g, compare this to pre ETU breaking of circa 285fps.

So i try contacting the shop which carried out the work, repeatedly, to no avail. It was at this point i then try the shop that is run by my regular site, again a few weeks pass i collect the gun and still 170 fps.

By this point the warranty has now expired along with my patience so last week i open the gearbox, nothing obvious to see that is causing the low fps, i strip the gearbox down, clean everything and do a rudimentary compression test, at which point i find that the seal is less than ideal. So i order a ASG ultimate cylinder, cylinder head, piston, piston head and an m105 spring.

I assemble everything, quick compression check, everything is good, gun back together, .28g bbs and..

170fps again.

Im now at a complete and utter impass, i have no idea what can be causing this fps drop. The fact the cylinder, piston and spring have been swapped out and im still getting 170fps is completely baffling, does anyone have any ideas?

Has it got the 18000 motor in it like mine had. Changed spring to 105 and motor to 25000 & suddenly 391FPS. So now changing spring to a 95.

Also changed nozzle to ali one with air seal oring.

Archived