Lipo advice

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys. 

Gonna order some lipo batteries now my imax has arrived so I'm looking at component shop and they have the vapex 7.4 1450 mah 25 c  crane stock ones,  is the 25c sufficient for my stock WE m16? I would guess it is since everything is stock internally but thought I'd ask just incase cheers

• Supporters

just check dimensions - very closely

no point buying a battery that don't quite fit

7.4v 25c is a good spec

not all crane stock tubes will take 22mm width

G&G's are like 18mm to 19mm

hence measure stuff carefully

you can also try hobbyking:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/airsoft/batteries.html

this might be worth a look:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1200mah-2s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack-1.html

BUT make sure you buy from UK or at a push Europe

otherwise you can easily buy from say HongKong and end up waiting 3 or 4 weeks with a slight risk of import duty

(rare with small orders but can sometimes get stopped on med/larger shipments)

Cheers , turnigy a good brand ? I've got a solI'd stock m16 and ak47 so if they don't fit my m4s then I can use them for the others and get some smaller ones 

• Supporters

Turnigy are good brands - I have a stubby fixed stock on my m4's

so if you got an AK with battery in fixed stock or others

then you can use the bigger/better value block batteries...

I got some of these 25c in 7.4v & 11.1v....

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-2200mah-2s-25c-lipo-pack.html

comes with xt60 on there but I cut the ends off & fit deans anyway

though did buy some xt60 to small tamiya adapters for a while

but now just gone deans on most guns

any battery for "airsoft" either tiny bespoke size/shape or the crane stock or nunchuck type will be a bit more

if you buy from airsoft stores you will always pay through the nose - in nigh on most cases

look around and RC shops normally offer great value - doubt if you get cheaper than HobbyKing

Worth a look or club together with a m8 to split shipping....

some of the more bespoke crane lipo's you need to buy from componentshop

others - buy a few from hobbyking - just make sure you check UK not China etc...

If you've got a Crane stock that'll take the 1450mah buffer tube batteries it's worth making up a little harness so you can connect two in parallel. One in each tube and you've got 2900mah of capacity and a large current overhead. Means your batteries never get stressed and will last all day.

4 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

Cut

Will have a look on hobby king , I did look at the block type as they were bigger but thought I'd get some all round one's but I'll compare the size to the 8.4v one that's in the crane stock now and see if not I'll see what else is about 

Cheers

Archived