Asg Scorpion Evo: Tech Support

Mooz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Recently took my ASG Scorpion apart to install the short stroke trigger as I didn't like how floaty it was, after a bit of a struggle (and threading some screws and having to buy like-for-like) it was all put back together and worked fine all fire modes no issues.

Cue gameday, still working chronographed fine, taking my first shot fine.

Put into burst and I hear the motor spin over twice at end of burst and 2 error beeps. Can't get it working even after checking all contacts and fet & ecu are connected (read somewhere mosfet is all one unit on newer models as is issue with sh*t spring guide which I had to replace).

Manuals all say lack of beeps indicates motor issue however I do not play super regularly so unsure if motor burn out can be expected at this point.

Tl;dr: My scorpion fails to work on trigger press and no beep is heard.

Admittedly a novice so here are some questions:

1: I'm considering getting a replacement motor but may as well pop for improvement vs replacement used mainly for cqb so wanna stay at 350fps and the higher RPS for full auto the better. From what I can see SHS high torc motor and 16:1 gears would provide me that with the kit spring at 11.1v. Is this a good idea or should I go for the asg infinity 30000 and kit gears.

2. Kinda paranoid that the issue may be with the fet. I'm getting a red light but issue occurred during burst fire. However only seen the wire part (with pins) on fs and they are out of stock.

I tried skyping asg technical today but couldn't get through, gonna call pb workshop guys tomorrow as they have some good videos on the unit.

What do people think the best approach to the problem would be. I'm not opposed to upgrading additional internals at the same time however would like to do the repairs myself if I can.

• Supporters

Contact where you bought it from or your nearest ASG retailer and let them diagnose the problem. Earlier Evo's had issues with the ECU and if it's that ASG are pretty good at sorting it at either low cost or nothing at all.

As for upgrades dont, keep it stock as the EVO is balanced perfectly and performance is already perfect if you start changing bits it will f*ck up very quickly.

I initially contacted retailer I purchased from and when I explained the issue was told of the hourly repair rate at £35ph and became reluctant. I read that asg were quite good with cs but was unsure how best to contact them as their website form is for retailers only.

• Supporters

Sure ASG must have a contact form on their website or something but have never looked.

As regards the fees thats a tricky one. If the repair is out of warranty and isn't down to a known manufacturing fault then you might have to pay. But if it is one of the dodgy ECUs then thats on them as its a known design/manufacturing fault and as such can be held liable for rectifying long after the warranty period is up.

It's a case of send it in and see and don't let the shop fob you off. Airsoft shops have a tendency of trying to charge for stuff that should be covered and as I have pointed out in previous posts most so called techs are not qualified to argue on whether its a manufacturing defect or not. This is because most are just self taught bedroom techs with no real electronics or engineering training.

But if it's something you have done then your going to have to except the bill.

Archived