Exeter Activity Centre

Hello!

This is one of my old stomping grounds for the past...15ish years on and off. The site is now open for Saturday skirmishes for airsofters which I think is a great idea and they have been close to full capacity now for both games days. I have always felt a sense of dread after a Sunday skirmish knowing that I will be back in work the next day...but alas no more!

The site owner has heavily invested in a sound system, outside cover, a bigger well layed car park AND perhaps the pièce de résistance: a proper smooth driveway up to the site. In short - he has invested fully back into the infrastructure of the site...and I am sure we know of many sites where making the drive up to the safe zone causes tyre anxiety lol.

Well worth travelling for, decent marshals and the site is on the large side with 120 acres with a mixture of different areas and scenarios available to it. The only partial issue I have with it now is the medic rule, which is very easily exploitable. They use a "get hit - walk 30 paces and back in" rule which is good in some ways as it keeps the game pushing on and the tension up, but not so good when the player just comes back to where he just died knowing your rough last position and perhaps strength and even brings some mates haha. It is a bit cheesy in that regard but not the end of the world and it gves the players lots of trigger time and tense firefights. That said, they have ran milsims there with the standard milsim medic rules- I hope one day they one some of these again.

Overall, a very well run site - and while of course all sites have at one time or another had issues with hit taking, the "regs" there do not get special treatment like I have seen at other sites and I think it has probably been on the low end of drama compared to some of the other sites I have visited. Well worth a pop lads. 

Cheers.

Pretty sure that this is now run by the guy who runs my local site (Driver Wood). Also characterised by a good amount of investment in the site infrastructure. I am generally rather well disposed to Driver Wood, and always have a good time - so if its to be run along the same lines, hopefully that's a positive thing.

Strange they run that medic rule there - in Driver Wood they used to have a medic rule involving white arm bands (i.e., in effect, two lives - a white arm band placed on by a nearby team mate when you got hit, max one on each arm before respawn). They scrapped it a while back as they felt it promoted cheating (probably correct) and replaced instead with a roaming spawn point (flag) for each team that moves about some way behind the action. I much prefer it - it allows game play to be balanced out a little by moving an overly dominants' team roaming spawn a little further from the action, whilst preventing a very lengthy trudge back to the 'hard'/non roaming team re-spawn which again can promote cheating. Strange they don't do something similar at Exeter. Possibly they were lacking the spare 2x marshalls to run that on the day of your visit?