GHK Sig 553 Magazine disassembly?!

n00b1982

Anyone done this?

have managed to remove the bottom plate and the valves but still nothing budges.

Mag dropped in the floor which ended with missing plastic in front of the bb channel so they drop out.

Ive purchased a new magazine shell, but have no idea how to take it apart, and can’t seem to find a video on YT either.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

What are you wanting to take apart/remove ?

I’ve dismantled all of mine the clean the follower & channel, removed valves to replace no issues. The bottom caps, I’d be leaving WELL alone unless they leak

Once you have removed the baseplate and your spring has fired into orbit

Let the follower slide out of its track and pop aside

The actual gas reservoir is held into the mag case by two small tabs either side. 
have a close look , you need to gently prise them both outwards then apply pressure from the BOTTOM end to push it out

Edited  👍

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

I’m basically looking to move the entirety of the internals of the magazine in to a new shell as the magazine has broken on the lug side.

1 hour ago, n00b1982 said:

I’m basically looking to move the entirety of the internals of the magazine in to a new shell as the magazine has broken on the lug side.

I did a woopsy

Once you remove the base plate, open the tabs holding the magazine innards and push from the bottom

it comes out easily after you have freed the grip the tabs have on it 👍

Thank you for this.

Can you just clarify which tabs? Do you mean the clips on the bottom that are hinged in on the bottom edge?

Just don’t want to break anything in the process 😂😂