My new hi capa slide

emilianoksa

I wanted one of the Infinity Vintage ones by Airsoft Masterpiece, but they are sold out in most places.

Eventually I found one in Hong Kong shop. I had wanted black but this one was in titanium grey, which would have been my second choice anyway, so I bought it.

I don't generally go for two tone guns and so I began to consider these options for the lower frame:

1. Get it cerakoted grey - with grip safety, slide safety and slide stop would probably come to well north of a hundred quid.

2. Buy a 5.1 stainless and use the lower frame and silver safeties from that - it would be no more expensive than a cerakote job but with the advantage of having a new gun and additional magazine. I know the silvery grey finish flakes off quickly, but I could remove it altogether, polish it up and spray with a clear coat to limit oxidation.

3. Strip off the black paint on the lower frame I already have and repaint it grey. I would have to buy three rattle cans for this: primer, top coat and clear coat.

4. Just leave it alone as a two tone pistol. After all it doesn't look bad. I could even put a grey grip and magwell on it, for the sake of balance.

I never skirmish my pistols - I don't even holster them. They get only light occasional use in my garden so I feel the cerakote option is difficult to justify in terms of cost.

Is it possible that the TM mock stainless finish might last a bit longer then some people say. After all lots of people still buy that version despite the finish being a well known issue. The finish on the black lowers is pretty fragile too for that matter.

What do you reckon? 

Infinity 1.jpg

Infinity 2.jpg

Edited by emilianoksa

I'm a sucker for a two tone pistol so I would use it as is but the idea to put grey grips on this I think would make it better.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

How about a AM/Guarder frame in another colour? They do specific Infinity ones so the markings will match the slide. Probably cheaper than a new pistol.