Powerbanks

ASP383

About to order a couple of RunCam 2 4k, generally, my son and I only do half days, due to his medical issues, but wondering what powerbanks people are using with theirs, or am I just being a bit over cautious for half day games?

We are trying to work up to full days, so additional back up power may be required.

24 minutes ago, ASP383 said:

About to order a couple of RunCam 2 4k, generally, my son and I only do half days, due to his medical issues, but wondering what powerbanks people are using with theirs, or am I just being a bit over cautious for half day games?

We are trying to work up to full days, so additional back up power may be required.

To keep cameras running for a longer day, I’d personally go for spare batteries rather than power banks.

With a power bank you to expand a cameras battery life you’re adding some weight and a cable to get tangled, or the alternative option is to keep plugging into a power bank to top up the battery charge

Far easier and more convenient to swap batteries to be fully charged again.

…………

I do however have a few power banks and solar panels as I have an iPhone and am always connected doing something.

Power banks are flexible in that sense, so if it was more days such as a weekend in the woods then power banks plus solar panels allow topping up / recharging along the way

Nowadays my main camping session is whilst on a trade pitch with mains hookup to the van, so power packs only get used during the day for pocket access to power - and spare in case the power goes down

…..

My power pack purchases have always been based on £ vs mwh at  a convenient size, and my solar panels on discounted prices 

Cheers Tommikka, Think the batteries are built in on the RunCam Scope Cam 2 4K, In theory, looking them, they should be OK for 2 games on a half day, with a quick top up during the break, found some 10000mah at 220g on offer at £10.

I've got 7x batteries between our 2x action cams (more budget friendly than GoPro, but footage is good), so no problems there.