Need advice on my WE SCAR-H GBB (wants to modify into DMR)

Hallo everyone,

i am a big fan of SCAR series and i have 3 WE SCARs, and i've recently got a new Tan color SCAR-H that i want to modify into a DMR for Milsim game, would anyone with experience can advice me on what upgrades to buy? i have a SCAR-H DMR already but there are not many upgrades inside, and this time i want to maximizing the potential of this new SCAR.

my idea was to upgrades the hop up; inner barrel and nozzle as following:

Hop up + Inner barrel: T-N.T. H.L.R. / WEPSTAS WE GBBR Retrofit Kit ( S+ Inner Barrel )

https://www.wgcshop.com/products/t-n-t-h-l-r-wepstas-we-gbbr-retrofit-kit-s-inner-barrel?variant=39992649023569

Nozzle: Poseidon ZERO 2 PLUS Anti-Icer Loading Nozzle Kit For WE GBBR SCAR H / SCAR L ( Adjustment Muzzle Speed )

https://shop.jkarmy.com/poseidon-zero-2-plus-anti-icer-loading-nozzle-kit-for-we-gbbr-scar-h-scar-l-adjustment-muzzle-speed.html

what else should i consider? or if there are any better choices? like what barrel length is better? you are all welcome to give me comments!

image.png

image.png

The TNT hop unit is a big improvement on the stock one. A mate has a WE Scar H DMR and we went with the TNT hop, but a Maple  leaf rubber and nub, along with a crazy jet barrel.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the nozzle , just fit an NPAS to the stock one to alow fine tuning the power. .

From memory we also modified a spare selector so that full auto wouldn't engage , easy enough to do.

The end result is a bit of a beast .

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Nick G said:

The TNT hop unit is a big improvement on the stock one. A mate has a WE Scar H DMR and we went with the TNT hop, but a Maple  leaf rubber and nub, along with a crazy jet barrel.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the nozzle , just fit an NPAS to the stock one to alow fine tuning the power. .

From memory we also modified a spare selector so that full auto wouldn't engage , easy enough to do.

The end result is a bit of a beast .

Hi, 

thank you for your reply, it is really helpful, just have a few more question about his SCAR if you can recall, what degree did he use and what is the barrel length? or from your opinion what works better

Edited by RecsPowerCode

I most likely fitted a 60 degree rubber, that tends to my go to for UK power levels and temperatures. Can'y remember what length the barrel was,  I would likely have ordered the crazy jet that was closest to the original barrel length . Although I'd have to get my hands on that for sure, can't remember if the inner passes down the barrel extension to just before the flash hider or not.

I should be able to get hold of the gun in a couple of weeks if you want a definitive answer on what barrel I fitted to it.

Posted (edited)

/

5 hours ago, Nick G said:

I most likely fitted a 60 degree rubber, that tends to my go to for UK power levels and temperatures. Can'y remember what length the barrel was,  I would likely have ordered the crazy jet that was closest to the original barrel length . Although I'd have to get my hands on that for sure, can't remember if the inner passes down the barrel extension to just before the flash hider or not.

I should be able to get hold of the gun in a couple of weeks if you want a definitive answer on what barrel I fitted to it.

thanks, and what bb weight and gas do you use? i bought GEOFFS 0.46 grey and use NUPROL 3.0 Extreme Power

Edited by RecsPowerCode

Gas wise, Nuprol Red or Green seems to work . all depends on the temperature on the day. Green in the summer and Red in the Autumn and Winter. 

I'm not sure what weight he uses , but as a rule using the heaviest that the hop will lift is the way to go. Although I suspect that .46 may be pushing the limits of the hop. But try them and see.

What is the power limit for a DMR at the site you play at ? Our local site here alows 1.9j for a DMR , but I know many sites are 1.6j