M4 Not Feeding Every Shot

Jmason98

Good evening all, I have ran into an issue, so last year, I upgraded to a maxx hop unit on my AEG, along with maple leaf bucking, occasionally as of late, it dry fires despite the mag being full. 

FAST forward to now, I've upgraded the engine to a polarstar kythera, the nozzle the same length and fits in the shell as it should. 

It still does it, even after the upgrade. Shining a light through the mag area, I can look down the barrel and see a small amount of light. My FPS has also tanked from 320/350 to 250 pre HPA.

As a side note, my shots also curve severely to the right since I last played, so could the issue be in the barrel/bucking?

I have ordered a tight bore barrel and the next rating of bucking to fit Thursday.

What could it be, has anyone ever had this before? 

Edited by Jmason98

To me it sounds like with the Maxx Model hop unit upgrade was matched to the wrong length nozzle, and with the Kythera engine the nozzle is still the wrong length.

Maxx do specify an expected nozzle length with their hop units, with the three RIF's I have personally upgraded to them all having their nozzles changed at the same time, and they work perfectly (and all showed a noticeable joule increase).

Regarding your BB curve the inner barrel may have just twisted slightly or maybe the nub (if you're not using a solid metal one that sits perfectly in the Maxx hop unit).

7 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

To me it sounds like with the Maxx Model hop unit upgrade was matched to the wrong length nozzle, and with the Kythera engine the nozzle is still the wrong length.

Maxx do specify an expected nozzle length with their hop units, with the three RIF's I have personally upgraded to them all having their nozzles changed at the same time, and they work perfectly (and all showed a noticeable joule increase).

Regarding your BB curve the inner barrel may have just twisted slightly or maybe the nub (if you're not using a solid metal one that sits perfectly in the Maxx hop unit).

Hi mate, so longer nozzle? 

11 hours ago, Jmason98 said:

Hi mate, so longer nozzle? 

If anything shorter, in that it's highly likely that the nozzle is ever so slightly too long for the hop unit so when pulled back a BB cannot always enter it (especially if you're firing rapidly). Vernier callipers and a selection of nozzles in your own "airsoft parts bin" always helps :)