G&G Warthog upgrades

Rob360

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Off the back of my Specna adventure I also decided to upgrade the Warthog 12".  Replacing the standard 330mm 6.08mm barrel with a ZCI 340mm 6.02mm barrel.  New ZCI rotary hop and Maple leaf maceron 60 and omega nub.  

Before I did the upgrade I played a site yesterday, the gun originally chronod at avg 321fps on .2 with hop set. On site it was about 297fps on .2.  I've played a few days since it was chronod and the gun was new from shop when I got it. So it's not done much.

Is it normal to drop that much after a few games, bedding in? 

Anyway, I got the same results when I got home and checked fps. So I upgraded the parts anyway, the fps increased marginaly, I'm guessing due to barrel, to around 306fps on average using .2. 

For reference I use .25 in game, which is giving an avg of 265fps now. 

Does anyone know what the factory spring is in this rifle? I was thinking of upgrading it to get a bit more out the gun. 

Edited by Rob360

The springs fitted to new guns are generally not of great quality and can lose power after initial use.  From experience, G&G guns tend to have varied springs in them.

The XT springs from AK2M4 are very good and very consistent.

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

The springs fitted to new guns are generally not of great quality and can lose power after initial use.  From experience, G&G guns tend to have varied springs in them.

The XT springs from AK2M4 are very good and very consistent.

Thanks Colin, I've spoken to AK2M4 and a couple of xt springs are on the way. Hopefully this is all that is needed to rectify the power loss. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.