Umarex G36 Barrel

JinxDuh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought a G36 EFCS from on here but want to change the outer barrel length to the Kurz variant. Only thing I’m struggling with is finding a diagram showing how the barrel attaches to the gun. 

Anybody taken the barrel out, know how it affixes or anything that would help? 😂

If it's the EFCS (not the sportlines) - it's almost certainly made by Ares.

There will be a barrel nut to undo (much like an M4) and then the barrel can be pulled off the receiver. unlike an airsoft M4, it uses several (8?) splines to locate into said receiver.

image.png.6fc36cf01933169754b006177df47999.png

The various length outer barrels seem simple enough to get from HK vendors.

1 minute ago, JinxDuh said:

No longer need - turns out the barrel unscrews, so I can’t replace it with the ares one!

Edit - eh? That's a new one on me. Got any pics?

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

If it's the EFCS (not the sportlines) - it's almost certainly made by Ares.

There will be a barrel nut to undo (much like an M4) and then the barrel can be pulled off the receiver. unlike an airsoft M4, it uses several (8?) splines to locate into said receiver.

image.png.6fc36cf01933169754b006177df47999.png

The various length outer barrels seem simple enough to get from HK vendors.

Edit - eh? That's a new one on me. Got any pics?

I can grab some for you tomorrow if I remember haha. I took everything out of the upper receiver until all that was left was literally the barrel (And upper), and looking down from behind the barrel (Where the hop up would be etc) there is a thread where the actual barrel is. Tried turning it CW/CCW with no movement at all so I figured I'd give up. I asked the guy who made a youtube video on building the C to a K (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKO0DfAnYEc&t=212s) and he also used barrel extensions, which I'm assuming is due to him running into the same issue as mine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.