Asp 01 trigger mod.

Sewdhull

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a play with my trigger this morning to reduce the travel. There's alot of the travel that does nothing. 

I've made it adjustable so if problems occur I can deal with it.

To reduce the travel you need alter the depth of the contact surface on the main safety to allow the trigger to move to it's new position. Then I added a screw to adjust the distance so the safety still works.

20231118_104318.thumb.jpg.4f364a6c79a5f2fb6a141ba201b84cbb.jpg

The screw on the right is making a thread for another screw in the same place to adjust the trigger position.

Then I reduced the length of the trigger safety after noting the trigger position required before the gun fires.

20231118_112917.thumb.jpg.0b9a97394e07efef5d1f001fe6019978.jpg

Lastly I put a screw in the trigger above the trigger bar to space the trigger bar back. This was a bit of trial and error, the screw needs to be large enough to catch on the groove in the trigger but have a small enough head not to foul the slide release.20231118_104057.thumb.jpg.241f403cdf58bab4e5288be6e29366da.jpg

That screw was too wide of head so I used a different one, which I failed to photograph.

Early tests are positive, with safety still operating normally and the trigger moved back to a better position to fit a gloved finger in better and shorter trigger throw as seen in pic 2.

It's adjustable so I can sort out and issues.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.