WE P Virus P226 Venting Gas + Going Full Auto

aidandeng

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I recently bought a GBB pistol off some guy on usedairsoft for £60. The pistol is a P Virus P226 and when I bought it the seller informed me of the issues with the gun. The gun works maybe 50% of the time (probably a bit less) and will fire usually decently however the other 50% it will randomly go full auto and then piss out all the gas in the mag (as shown in the video). I' am very new to GBB guns and quite new to this forum so I honestly have no idea where to start with this and would greatly appreciate some help. If I had to guess it would be the firing pin or trigger lock thats worn down or something but idk.

Also can someone explain to me in simple terms what the hammer on the gun does???

Thanks 

@aidandeng Without looking at it and knowing exactly what part in the hammer assembly is worn, replacing the whole unit would probably be an easier solution: https://www.kyairsoft.com/accessories/components-parts/we-complete-hammer-assembly/we-f-series-complete-hammer-set-f226-f229.html

Because the gun vents gas at the end it tells me that its a run away (the hammer isn't locking back). Sounds like this is a relatively common issue just to do with wear: https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/threads/full-auto-conversion-mod-of-p226.13758/ .

Might also be worth checking if the bloke put an enhanced hammer spring in it because if the hammer spring is too powerful then it wouldn't lock back all the way.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.