Problems with AAP-01 pistol

ParHunter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I’ve bought an AAP-01 a couple of weeks ago and so far I’ve only been able to shoot it in the garden (I’ve setup a 10m range that cannot be overlooked by neighbours). Some of the shots are going well and then the bb is just flying 1-2 m or even staying in the gun and then rolling out.

I’ve went back to the shop, they filled a Magazin and it shot all without problem. Then they wanted to show it to me and it then again just spat out the bbs 1-2 m. Someone looked at it and adjusted the hop a bit more (I’ve already done some of it but with a 10m range it is hard to tell how much hop you need).
It then shot a mag without problem again.

I am just not complete convinced that the hop was the problem. If the hop was the problem would I not get all bbs just spatting out? But I had some good shots and some bad ones. 
I am not an expert but this feels more like an air seal problem. Even with no hop set at all I wouldn’t expect it to just ‘fall’ out of the gun.

What do you think? Was the shop correct that the hop was the problem? I haven’t had time to try it again in the garden and looking at the weather forecast I probably won’t be able to do so for a few days.

Edited by ParHunter

Quite a few guns, the AAP-01 being a prime example need the hop set in order to feed well. I would fully expect an AAP with no hop applied to just roll BB's out of the barrel. There are so many people who've sent their AAP's back as not working due to this, that many websites now clearly state it. Also bear in mind that it's now the kind of temperature outside, that gas pistol performance is going to be significantly affected by prolonged use.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.