TM1911 Blowback unit slowly moving

Robby47

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I hadn't used my TM 1911 Hi Capa 5.1 for a while and the other day while shooting a few in rapid succession (i know - shouldn't do that!) the pistol suddenly jammed and i got this issue where the slide does not come back all the way or it comes back very slowly.

I took it apart and could quickly tell the blowback is moving quite slowly and is (i think) causing the issue.

I saw online that people are suggesting to simply lube up the blowback housing unit thingy but wanted to check with you guys.

Attaching a video to help my explanation

If it's simply a matter of lubing up the blowback unit does this oil work ok? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275211671615?hash=item4013e4d83f:g:pk0AAOSwsWRiL0Ux&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0NORDzr%2BkyY7p3Eg05oBysSaYO1nIJxZWfRermu5NPMc%2FgD3XchhTQj6yXZXWK1XlPV9yGcVsJDCz25mV0bCuHH3hTqZckp6BflhXElw1usR3eiy6877cXIokGJY5Qus%2F2koQ%2FvrFZSSaHIV5ghF6CSVIRFG8Q7ly922frWr1%2FqHsIb4hb6zO1wEKyWHMJJzUP6kr6z6ul4T%2FeY%2BknRSfMOX%2FKFnNL0tXKYREkHyZYtLJloendmA2%2B7JE9PAYO6X3BED9TME3iyON0p13Sv6lIA%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4KV2ortYg

Screenshot 2023-10-25 222311.png

On 25/10/2023 at 23:30, novioman said:

That oil will be fine, make sure you lube the blowback unit, take off the slide pull the nozzle forward and lube the seals  and lube the slide rails of course.

Hi mate,

Oil arrived today and lubed up the BBU and slide rails like you said and after moving up and down a few times it got smoother and smoother and now it's finally like brand new fired a whole mag just to make sure and all working great.

Thank you for your help!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.