Zion Arms PW9 Mod 1 Battery

AGR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good morning all. I've just purchased a Zion Arms PW9 Mod 1. I also purchased the recommended 11.1 1300 lipo battery for it, it doesn't fit. 

Can any owners of the PW9 please tell me what battery they are using? I suspect I'll have to use a 7.4 to fit in the buffer tube to allow room for the wires. 

Thank you 

You say recommended battery, so I'm assuming you mean this one from Patrolbase: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-11-1v-1300mah-20c-stick-lipo-battery-deans as that was what they linked in their ad for the Zion.

Is the issue that it protrudes from the buffer tube such that you cannot fully collapse the stock when it is installed?  You can get shorter 11.1v LiPos, I've just ordered a couple of these which are only 105mm vs the 128mm of your battery (assuming it is the one in the link above).  No idea if they are any good or not, so it's not a recommendation as such.

I have the same issue with my Double Eagle and the batteries I'm currently using with it, but I never use it with the stock collapsed so it doesn't bother me.  The only time I ever fully collapse the stock is for storage and I always remove the battery in that case anyway.  

Initial findings are very nice. Light as hell, but the mag wobbles a lot. Gaming with it this coming week. 

I’ll let you know. 

UPDATE 

Just programmed the etu and put it through the chrono. Programming was super easy and quick to do. Literally a combination of selector switch turns and trigger pulls. On the chrono it is a very steady 309 fps on .2's. 40 shots fired and a total of 4 fps deviation. 

This is my first pdw style rif, but so far I'm very impressed with quality and the etu. 

Game day (cqb) on Tuesday evening, so will report back then. 

Edited by AGR
Update

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.