VFC USP 9mm - Is an enhanced recoil spring possible or viable?

pyromancer6

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening lads,

I field a VFC USP9 as my primary sidearm but it's unfortunately a bit of an oddball (seriously, you search 'USP' and nothing but the HK45 or the MK23 comes up) meaning that 'upgrades' and parts in general are very scarce or non existent - however last month I decided to pick up a WE G18c and did some little bits to it while I was fixing the mags (was missing followers) and the modification that impressed me the most was the little RATech recoil spring and buffer set that was around 150% strength, as it overall just made the pew feel so much more responsive both in shooting and handling, with the much more positive slide racking being my favourite detail. Or, it was - until I got a little excited when my little nephew came round and I decided on the amazing idea of firing full-auto mag dumps with red gas in 28 degree weather which has completely fucked the thing.

That cockup aside - this got me thinking - would a HK45 'enhanced recoil spring' be a drop in fit? Each GBB pistol on Eagle6 is specific to a certain model so I was just wondering what the differences were and if it'd be viable to pick up a set for a different pew to try it in the USP9. I'm not looking for insane performance gains or whatever - I just want the awesome feeling positive feedback of racking the slide and firing it that's present in my G18 (although my USP is the only one that actually works at the moment!)

So yeah, if anybody else is a USP9 enthusiast who's done this to theirs, or has experience dealing with slightly uncommon variants of GBB pistols they field - do let me know

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.