Hi from Finland!

Sisu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Now living in Finland where airsoft has a strong following. 

The scene is new to me although I have a small collection of 15 year old spring powered guns still stranded in the UK. 

Still looking and learning to see where it takes me. I love the metal GBB versions of my old guns but I'm not a big spender.  

Feeling a bit too old to skirmish but like the idea of owning a replica that I can also shoot.  

I'm also looking to sell my old spring guns and it was suggested on the Replica Airgun Forum this could be a good place. My guns in the UK have only recently come out of storage and I've yet to get some decent photos, which won't happen for some time. Anyway, I have some old low res photos, one of which is below. I concluded it's too difficult and not economical to try and ship them from UK to Finland - sad but true. 

DSC04583 (2020_04_24 11_00_04 UTC)_v2.JPG

Hi and welcome 🖐

It would be interesting to know the process allowing you to buy a replica over there.

Those spring replicas would not be practical for a game and may be more valued by a collector but with more authentic replicas available now I doubt they're worth very much.

Do you have a big garden to use?

Are you allowed to shoot in the garden?

How much are replicas there?

Keep us updated...

I had a feeling that would be the case for my old spring guns. There seems to be so much more choice and quality now. 

I've not yet bought one here but have looked at some and have been tempted. I think there're expensive which is why I was thinking of checking out some second hand ones. But buying them here is just a case of walking in to a shop and handing over your money. Even one of the biggest sports clothing chains here sells live firing rifles and ammunition - which you do need a cirtificate for. 

I just saw an advert on a Finnish auction site for a second hand but unused Umarex Colt Peacemaker .45 6" 4,5mm CO2. It looks like they want €145. A few years back a shop closing down was selling these half price and I wish I'd got one then. The new price here is €249.99 (£215).

No garden to use. I've got access to a summer cottage in the countryside which was where I was thinking would be the best place to use one.  

Be wary of Co2 powered pistols.

Read up on pros and cons

So do you have to be registered to buy a realistic (black) replica or just be over 18?

Unfortunately I don't think it will be feasible to buy used from UK but there are many shops in Europe that have good prices.

This was a good place when we were still in the EU.

Airsoft Store - Airsoft Guns and Equipment For Sale | Taiwangun.com

I would have to check but I'm pretty sure you only have to be 18 years old to buy a realistic one and that's the only requirement. I don't think I've seen any painted bright colours here. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.