Help! GBB Army Armament Glock 17.

SeanM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

See Video.

Bought this glock second hand and have had this problem since day 1. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my Army Armament GBB Glock 17?

So sometimes the slide would stick  and gas would come out and I thought that was the issue but

I have stripped it down and given it a really good clean then re lubed with silicon gun oil and gun grease (where needed) and put it back together but still having the same issue with gas exploding out after a few shots.

I have tried using Abbey predator maintenance gas 144a as it's not as powerful and therefore not as harsh on a plastic GBB like this, it was recommended that I use that instead of green gas. I have also tried Nuprol 2.0 high performance green gas just to rule out my gas as the cause of the issue, but no luck.

It gets worse the more I use the gun and the colder it gets due to the gas, but there is no way I ever get through a full mag without this problem, if I haven't used to gun at all it will usually shoot about 8 times before this happens. If I then fill it up again it will do it in 2 to 3 shots or less. (See shorter video below of the refill after it had done it the first time)

Is it a gun issue or a mag issue possibly? I have no idea and that's why I need some other more experienced folks input. 

Happy to provide more videos/info and pictures if needed to help diagnose the problem.

The issue is the buffer spring does not have enough power to overcome the hammer so its sticking mid cycle and coursing the valve knock to rest on the valve and vent the gas. 

1, Try adding some shims to the spring guide (rubber washers are cheap) see if it helps the issue. 

2, Bend the hammer spring so its not so hard for the slide to over come (this could lead to light striking in hot weather) 

3, Order a stronger recoil spring

4, Get a bearing for the hammer like these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl3DGEgIGK0&ab_channel=เเจ๊คกี้ ( Its in another language around 3.55 mins)

Good vid on disasembaly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0hCOAjLt8&ab_channel=RogueStudios and in general for glock stuff.

(Army is a direct copy of the Tokyo Marui so any info refencing the TM works for the Army.)

Hope you get the issues fixed.  

@Chev Chelios 

Thank you so much for all the great information and video's mate.. I'll look into all of this and hopefully be able to fix it if it isn't too costly, failing that, I'll probably buy a different one instead of throwing time and money into this one haha.

I really appreciate the reply a knowledge mate.. Saved my bacon! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.