TM MP7 not always locking back

Justjay1986

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey folks. I recall seeing a post or internet page years ago about a mod that assists in have the bolt lock back every time, something to do with a small bit of metal glued into a sear or summit, can't really recall but what I do remember is doing it years ago! Lol 

Does anyone happen to know what the hell I'm talking about and where I can find this pls? 

Ta peeps!

You need to replace the sear as it is worn down, my son has the same problem.

Hope this helps.

17 hours ago, hairyballs said:

You need to replace the sear as it is worn down, my son has the same problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate

Mine does this when it needs cleaning. Take it apart and clean everything. Once you got rid of all the excess oil and grease, just lube the piston head and the outside of the bolt lightly. My particular mp7 likes to be quite dry. Also it might be that the bolt is moving too fast for the catch to have time to engage. When it is cold I use abbey Predator and when it is above 20c I use nuprol 1 or 144a. If I use regular green gas I find my bolt doesn't lock back

On 10/05/2023 at 10:54, Schnitz said:

Mine does this when it needs cleaning. Take it apart and clean everything. Once you got rid of all the excess oil and grease, just lube the piston head and the outside of the bolt lightly. My particular mp7 likes to be quite dry. Also it might be that the bolt is moving too fast for the catch to have time to engage. When it is cold I use abbey Predator and when it is above 20c I use nuprol 1 or 144a. If I use regular green gas I find my bolt doesn't lock back

Cool thanks mate I do need to give it a clean tbf lol 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.