Feedback about TM NGRS Vltor stock

solrac

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone!!!

First of all thanks for this forum! (its a great source of information!)

I have a quick question, I bought this stock (Tokyo Marui Vltor stock for NGRS) it is supposed to be modular, but the sides are superglued together (no modular at all).

Does anyone else have the same stock? Does yours come glued together?

TMPTVStockDE.JPG

Thanks!

Did you buy it second hand or from a shop? 

As its for an NGRS it is from the CQBR line, this line of NGRS has it's own range of (rubbish) batteries that most people get rid of and use lipos. Some people convert the stock and some people just get rid of the propriatory connection and add a deans connector to the end of the stock tube. What this means is that the stock isn't like the real version, it's designed to take the special batteries for the NGRS range which are fixed, solid things. 

Here is a link to the battery. They are generally considered as awful and I would not recommend buying it. 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-84v-1300mah-battery-for-recoil-sopmod-m4cqbr416devgru417

I don't know how the real version works, but the sides that you referenced shouldn't come off the ngrs version and any seller would be within their rights to say, " I listed it as an NGRS stock and thats what it is, if you assumed it could do something else that's not my fault". If you bought it from a shop you should have some cover from the distance selling regs (assuming you bought online). 

What are you trying to achieve? 

Edited by Emergencychimps
re ordering words to actually make sense

Indeed I bought it online from an official retailer. I do have another Vltor stock (non NGRS) where you can remove the sides, that is the why of my question. Does anyone actually owns one so we can double check they all come "glued"?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, solrac said:

Indeed I bought it online from an official retailer. I do have another Vltor stock (non NGRS) where you can remove the sides, that is the why of my question. Does anyone actually owns one so we can double check they all come "glued"?

Thanks!

Are you sure it's glued and not just molded like that? It's unlikely that a glue was used they may be heat welded.

I think it is glued because you can see the crystal mark that is left from the transparent glue. I just stored the stock in the freezer to see if the superglue breaks.

My goal is to replace one of the sides with another with extra room for a 2s LiPo. The cool thing about the stock is that is modular so you can open the side and change the battery easily.

I wanted do it preserving the original side so you can go back without breaking anything..

I have owned one previously (not anymore) and I am pretty sure it is molded like that, I could be wrong as it has been a few years. 

If you're looking for extra battery capacity I'd recommend either a sopmod style crane stock (not ngrs specific) and run a crane stock battery, there is a 2600mah splot crane stock battery (7.4 lipo) that fits or look at the titan range of batteries, they seem to have a tonne of Mah in a smaller physical size than any other battery and pick a stock accordingly. 

If it's that you like the vltor style, then I have no recommendations. 

Just to confirm a colleague with the same stock told me that it comes glued from factory and it seems it is not heat welded, I stored it in the fridge for 2h and it seems it feels a bit more loose now.. Ill keep you updated...

Edited by solrac
nit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.