TM Glock 17 gen 4 and Glock 19 hammer units

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There are differences between the hammer units and their internals on these later Marui Glocks and the earlier G17/22/34. On the later guns there is what appears to be an extra spring. It looks like it needs to be tucked in somewhere, but the problem is that it sticks out horizontally from the rear, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for it to go. I am not confusing this with the spring on the earlier hammer unit, which is also present on the Gen 4 and is bent back and held in a slot of one of the units components.

The bottom of this page shows the hammer unit with the spring sticking out. When I removed both my G17 Gen 4 and G19 hammer chassis from their frames they both showed one side of a spring sticking out, just like in the picture below. 

https://boomarms.com/products/guarder-frame-spring-set-for-marui-g17-gen4-g19-gen4-gbb-series

Perhaps somebody could kindly explain to me why this is the case. Why does one side of the spring stick out? I haven't tinkered with the hammer unit at all, and yet the spring is out on both my Glocks.

Edited by emilianoksa

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

There are differences between the hammer units and their internals on these later Marui Glocks and the earlier G17/22/34. On the later guns there is what appears to be an extra spring. It looks like it needs to be tucked in somewhere, but the problem is that it sticks out horizontally from the rear, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for it to go. I am not confusing this with the spring on the earlier hammer unit, which is also present on the Gen 4 and is bent back and held in a slot of one of the units components.

The bottom of this page shows the hammer unit with the spring sticking out. When I removed both my G17 Gen 4 and G19 hammer chassis from their frames they both showed one side of a spring sticking out, just like in the picture below. 

https://boomarms.com/products/guarder-frame-spring-set-for-marui-g17-gen4-g19-gen4-gbb-series

Perhaps somebody could kindly explain to me why this is the case. Why does one side of the spring stick out? I haven't tinkered with the hammer unit at all, and yet the spring is out on both my Glocks.

it’s the spring that holds the sear in place. I’m guessing TM decided they needed a different design, the sticking out bit will compress against the lower frame 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.