Marui mp7 worth it?

Schnitz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 31/01/2023 at 16:39, Duff Beer said:

No worries, I did ramble a bit 😂

If memory serves the V2 has a metal outer barrel (unscrew the flash hider and pop off the front cap to check) as well as the NPAS (take both body pins out, slide the bolt assembly out and look down the nozzle).  I bought mine in 2019 at the British Shooting Show, so I’d be very surprised if a new one from a retailer was a V1

Edit: I’ve just had a look at the description on the link you gave.  I don’t know what they’re talking about with the follower snapping the feed lips; I’ve let go of mine a couple of times and the worst that’s happened is that it pinged a BB out. Definitely don’t drop the mag’s though or the baseplate will fail and you’ll need to order a new plate, spring follower, spring, and BB follower.  This is the voice of experience, but at least they’re cheap.  You’ll need to import from Hong Kong (no bother MLE Mart carry them all and they arrive in about two weeks), but if you order a few you’ll be sorted.  When I dropped my mag it dented the corner of the base of the mag but it’s still perfectly gas tight. 

Out of interest what sort of range of FPS are you getting? 

I’m really keen on one of these and want to be able to use it CQB and in woodlands. 

53 minutes ago, Aharps said:

Out of interest what sort of range of FPS are you getting? 

I’m really keen on one of these and want to be able to use it CQB and in woodlands. 

I’ve set the NPAS for lower power and reliable cycling in the cold, but if memory serves it was doing about 275fps (0.88J) on a 0.25 on Sunday morning with the ambient about 4°C with the internals absolutely stock.  In the summer I had it set to about 290fps on 0.25’s, but you can of course set it hotter than that.

Just make sure you use gas without lubricant in it.  The hop rubber is very consistent when it’s clean/dry, but the second you add some lube in the gas it becomes about as accurate as Farage is with numbers.

Don’t forget though if you’re chopping and changing the power between indoors and outdoors you’re going to have POI shift so you’ll need to re-zero.

Edited by Duff Beer
Adding POI Shift

7 hours ago, Duff Beer said:

I’ve set the NPAS for lower power and reliable cycling in the cold, but if memory serves it was doing about 275fps (0.88J) on a 0.25 on Sunday morning with the ambient about 4°C with the internals absolutely stock.  In the summer I had it set to about 290fps on 0.25’s, but you can of course set it hotter than that.

Just make sure you use gas without lubricant in it.  The hop rubber is very consistent when it’s clean/dry, but the second you add some lube in the gas it becomes about as accurate as Farage is with numbers.

Don’t forget though if you’re chopping and changing the power between indoors and outdoors you’re going to have POI shift so you’ll need to re-zero.

Ah ok. Sorry still fairly new to this, so green gas is a no then. What non lube gas options are there other than propane? Ideally ones that don’t smell too bad!

Green gas is absolutely fine, I just found gas with lube really reduced accuracy and consistency.  Ultrair doesn’t have any in, and I’m sure there are others too.  Propane is cheaper for sure, but I can’t stand the fart smell so I use Ultrair as that’s pretty neutral.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.