TM Storm Disassembly And Upgrade Pt 1 and Pt 2

Zooankski

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I have started putting together a guide for the TM Storm. Pt 2 will include fitting of new bushings, gears and a Leviathan V3 Optical ETU. Would appreciate some feedback on this guide please so let me know if I have missed anything obvious or spelling mistakes etc!

Thanks

TM Storm disasembly and upgrade Pt 1.pdf

Edited by Zooankski
new file

Originally the idea was for a video but I just could not get it right so resorted to this. Hopefully of use to Storm owners out there?!

Initial draft of Part 2 now done. I would appreciate any feedback you may have on these guides, positive or negative. There is only so much you can add in and as much as I would have liked to include things like shimming , AOE correction etc, I just don't have the time. There is a bit in the guide regarding bushings and again, I just highlighted the method used during this second TM Storm build. There are other methods, such as press fitting or opening up holes for 6mm bushings (which I have done on a fair few 416 and MK18 builds)and some people stay away from loctite. Personal preference regarding this I think.

I now have a third Storm to upgrade ( liked it so much I brought my own!) and will be fine tuning the install.I will be dropping the bolt stop signal wire gauge to 28 AWG for ease of routing. This next build also has all the toys from Warhead motor to Prometheus cylinder head so will be interesting to see how that performs as I would like to drop to an M90 spring while maintaining around 350fps on .20.

Thanks to the guys who trusted me with their kit and glad to report both are chuffed with the results so happy days!

TM Storm Disassembly and Upgrade Pt2.pdf

• Zooankski changed the title to TM Storm Disassembly And Upgrade Pt 1 and Pt 2

Warhead 35k base motor also installed. That was probably more difficult than the Leviathan! Picked up a motor with the leads rather than tabs which made life a little difficult! managed to get it inside the grip and put a little black electrical tape over connections just as a precaution.

IMG_9241.jpeg

IMG_9243.PNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.