TM M4 MWS not shooting straight?

Chai.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So this is my first GBBR that I bought last Saturday and from what it looks like the bbs are going to the right.
The strange thing is, is that when I'm not aiming down the iron sight the bb looks to be going straight but when I aim and look down the iron sight the bbs are going to the right.

Is there anything I can do? I have not even tried opening the M4 as I do not want to break any of the internals. Not sure where the hop up and it did not come with a cleaning rod and not sure if the inner barrel is dirty.

Im using 0.25g BBs.

How far off are they going? Can you adjust the iron sights to match up. 

Has ANYTHING been changed? I am no TM MWS expert, but if there is anything you have changed, even if it seems unrelated, it would be sensible to list it here.  As an example I know that changing the outer barrel can cause the hop to pinch when being put back together which could cause this (but this is just an example, might not be whats happening here). 

29 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

How far off are they going? Can you adjust the iron sights to match up. 

Has ANYTHING been changed? I am no TM MWS expert, but if there is anything you have changed, even if it seems unrelated, it would be sensible to list it here.  As an example I know that changing the outer barrel can cause the hop to pinch when being put back together which could cause this (but this is just an example, might not be whats happening here). 

The bbs are only travelling a couple feet as I have only tested in my my garden on some targets. To me, it looks like the iron sights are aligned but could be wrong. I have not changed anything, the gun is completely stock. 

Sounds like the sights might need adjusting rather than anything wrong.

Would be good to get a cleaning rod (or making one) because its always worth cleaning the barrel.

Just now, EDcase said:

Sounds like the sights might need adjusting rather than anything wrong.

Would be good to get a cleaning rod (or making one) because its always worth cleaning the barrel.

Any good guides/videos on adjusting iron sights and how to zero them?

Also, with the cleaning rod do you have to put a tissue/cloth at the end of it and then pushed that into the gun?

Aim at a point and see where the BB goes.

Adjust the windage setting (Left-Right adjuster) in one direction then take a few more shots and see if the BB is going closer to the aim point.  If it is then keep adjusting until its good.

If it gets worse then adjust the other way.

You can use anything that will fit in the barrel without scraping on the inside.  It should have a way to attach a bit of cloth to the end.

You do NOT want to push the cloth all the way through.

If you can attach a bit of cloth to the end ideally with a bit of Isopropyl alcohol on it then twist as you push it through the barrel.  STOP as soon as you feel resistance when it gets to the hop area.

Then keep turning in the same direction as you extract it.

10 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Aim at a point and see where the BB goes.

Adjust the windage setting (Left-Right adjuster) in one direction then take a few more shots and see if the BB is going closer to the aim point.  If it is then keep adjusting until its good.

If it gets worse then adjust the other way.

You can use anything that will fit in the barrel without scraping on the inside.  It should have a way to attach a bit of cloth to the end.

You do NOT want to push the cloth all the way through.

If you can attach a bit of cloth to the end ideally with a bit of Isopropyl alcohol on it then twist as you push it through the barrel.  STOP as soon as you feel resistance when it gets to the hop area.

Then keep turning in the same direction as you extract it.

Ill try the adjust first. If the bbs are still going to the right after that I might just take it back to the shop to get it looked at.

Do they fly to right in a straight line, or do they curve to the right.

Basically you aim at point and they consistently impact at the same point but to the right, adjust sights. I can never remember but I think when you hit right, you adjust to the left.

If they curve/turn midflight then the Hop-up is probably misaligned. I would ask the store where you bought it do adjust this.

Note: if your BBs are only fliying a few feet, you need to adjust your hop-up.

45 minutes ago, Argyld said:

Do they fly to right in a straight line, or do they curve to the right.

Basically you aim at point and they consistently impact at the same point but to the right, adjust sights. I can never remember but I think when you hit right, you adjust to the left.

If they curve/turn midflight then the Hop-up is probably misaligned. I would ask the store where you bought it do adjust this.

Note: if your BBs are only fliying a few feet, you need to adjust your hop-up.

I would need to check this again to be honest but I believe they fly straight when not looking down the sight and curve to the right when looking down the sight.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.