RK74 stock.

GravelordActual13

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, 

I have a RK74 and I’m growing tired of the AR stock. I was wondering if anyone has knowledge that I can put an adapter on the rear trunnion? I’m really looking to fit a Zentico style stock on it 

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I'm working on a custom CNC adaptor to fit a Zentico PT-3 to my G&G RK74 CQB.

I've got through a few design iterations to try and find the neatest solution; initially I was trying for a 'drop in' replacement with a view of keeping the gun stock and the part being able to be bought off the shelf to get a bit of a return on the R&D work but due to how poorly the fitting lugs on the back of the receiver are cast, that's not going to be viable as the lugs are not manufactured to a tight enough tolerance.

Attached are some photos of the current iteration which still largely relies on the original fitting lugs and makes use of a central pin to secure the new adaptor to the gun but as I've had to allow for the poor quality casting, it's not a super tight fit and thus there is a little bit of side to side rocking.

The next version of this adaptor will not be affixed in the same way, this time I will have the two mounting lugs shaved to be square tabs even in shape and size, I will then have a machined rectangular piece permanently mounted between these tabs and have some tapped holes put into either side. The new adaptor will then be adapted to slot over this new piece with countersunk holes to secure itself to the receiver via 2x screws each side.

I'll keep you posted with how I get on if you like :)

Cheers

rk74_01.jpg

rk74_02.jpg

rk74_03.jpg

rk74_04.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.