Aps shells

BIGwat

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have currently started a hawsan double barrel project, it is the full length version. I have ordered the conversion kit from blobworks to have this use aps shells, I know it can only use aps mk1 and mk3 smart shells but my real question is does anyone have any experience with the xpower shells? They seem to be much easier to get hold of but I'm unsure due to the power increase in fps, are these still field legal?

Thanks

BIG

Hi Big

Your right, the X Powers do have a bit of punch to them

It depends on how you fill them too

Obvs they use co2, I fill mine with using an 88gr bulb

If you fill with the bulb from above the cart, you will fill with liquid co2 which has more power than filling it with the cart above the bulb which will fill with gas co2

Also a thing to realise is how you stack the hull with beebs

Ive tried the petal style wads and using just cardboard top and bottom of the hull with beebs sandwiched in between 

If you used gas co2 and cardboard wads (which shred when the gas expels) along with .2’s you would get quite a low power punch

Dicking about with mine , filled with liquid co2 and using petal wads and .28’s I can hit up to 40m

Hard to get an accurate Chrono reading with these shells though because of how they require to be loaded

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

18 hours ago, BIGwat said:

Thankyou so much Enid, im a complete noob with the aps shells and this was super helpful! Very much appreciated, many thanks.

No dramas bud 

Also on YouTube, Catgut Violin and S.W.A.P - Special Weapons And Plastic have good videos on different ways to fill the hulls

Which is where I got the inspiration for my video above 😉

I'll definitely check both of those out, I want as learn as possible, I know in your video you mentioned the cardboard tops for the hull are 18mm. I'm struggling to find any hole punch's that are 18mm, but there are a few that are 19mm would that still be adequate for the job? with it only being a small fraction larger 

Yeah, a 19mm will fit snugly

If you are using card, try and source one of the 3D printed loading tools that Catgut uses (I may have a spare in one of my boxes)

Amazon sells 3/4” paper punches which I believe are pretty much the right size or what the stateside users use to make wads

Fortunately, my wife is a little bit “crafty” and has a CriCut machine which is what I use when she’s not looking

Cardboard from cornflakes packaging is perfect

Who doesn’t like Weetabix with a banana chopped and a drop of clear honey drizzled over 😂😉 

That's brill, yeah the ones I was looking at were 3/4 punch's with 19mm in brackets just thought I'd check before I buy. Nothing better than firing banana weetabix at other players making sure everyone gets there daily intake of potassium 😂. had me howling when you mentioned about Tony the tiger flying towards someone 😂 yeah I saw on the video of the cricut, the only time in my life I've wanted to get one for myself aha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.