Arcturus ar15?

Schnitz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all 

I'm looking at picking up a new AEG to use at outdoor fields (I mostly play cqb with pistols). I don't want to spend a lot of money being as it will only be used once a month. I saw the arcturus ar15 series of guns and aside from the preparatory etu, they look to be well spec'd internally for the price. Does anyone have any hands on experience or horror stories on these guns before I hand my money over?

Thank you

I had this for my first gun a few years ago. It was an absolutely lovely gun. The quality was decent, and the performance out of the box was great.

My only issues was one of the 2 mags included broke (it was a flash mag, the cord broke on me) and also the pin that holds the stock in place along the buffer tube is a bit weak. Mine broke but I was a bit rough on it.

Lastly it shot a little bit too hot out of the box as well (around 380fps). Thanks to the semi quick change spring, you don't need to take apart the entire gearbox to change the spring.

Overall, it was a very nice gun worth buying.

Edited by SerialNoodle

1 hour ago, SerialNoodle said:

I had this for my first gun a few years ago. It was an absolutely lovely gun. The quality was decent, and the performance out of the box was great.

My only issues was one of the 2 mags included broke (it was a flash mag, the cord broke on me) and also the pin that holds the stock in place along the buffer tube is a bit weak. Mine broke but I was a bit rough on it.

Lastly it shot a little bit too hot out of the box as well (around 380fps). Thanks to the semi quick change spring, you don't need to take apart the entire gearbox to change the spring.

Overall, it was a very nice gun worth buying.

Brilliant mate, thank you! I'll probably pick a few midcaps up and I already have an m100 spring if needed. I'm looking the at the sword variant, which has a different stock so perhaps it I won't need to worry about it. Do you know if it's a standard sized buffer tube? Also did you run it on 7.4 or 11.1? How was the rate of fire? Thank you mate 

Yeah it's a standard buffer tube, anything for an AR-15/M4 should fit just fine. Fire rate with a 7.4V was around about 15, so nothing too special. I used an 11.1V (not really suggested if you don't install a MOSFET) for a while and that bumped it up to about 20-23 RPS. 

54 minutes ago, SerialNoodle said:

Yeah it's a standard buffer tube, anything for an AR-15/M4 should fit just fine. Fire rate with a 7.4V was around about 15, so nothing too special. I used an 11.1V (not really suggested if you don't install a MOSFET) for a while and that bumped it up to about 20-23 RPS. 

I'll stick with the 7.4 I reckon, 15 is plenty. You've been a great help thank you mate 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.