Choosing right gears set.

rivalgames

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, i am newbie in airsoft and i need help.

I never upgraded gun before and i am unexperienced about doing it.  I would like to put new motor and gears into my gun but i am unsure how to choose them correctly . I want to buy 16TPA 30k RPM Motor and my main goal is to get good trigger response and ROF

I was thinking about 1:16 gears but I am not sure if it will not be too big stress for my gun. Idk what type of spring is in it but i know it do 380FPS with 0,20g BB's.  If anyone mind to help me pick some gears for it I would be really grateful. 

Motor I wich am thinking about:  https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/aeg-inner-parts-upgrade/motors/long-axis/zatezovy-motor-infinity-cnc-u-30000-dlouha-osicka-detail

I suspect that you have a very strong spring in there as, if you are in the UK, you are over the legal limit.

Changing to a lighter spring to get the FPS down to about 330 fps on a 0.20g will help the RoF.

16:1 gears should not be too much for any build.

Depending on the battery space, maybe consider running it on a 9.9v LiFe battery for snappiness and speed.

Edited by colinjallen

Oh no don't worry, I just didn't realized than this is UK forum. Actually i am from Slovakia and there are no limits for the AEGs .
About the battery: i am using 11,1V 3S Li-pol battery with Perun mosfet but i am going to change it for Jeffron leviathan V2 processor unit. 

So i would like to keep that spring in for now, in our country most of sites have 400FPS limit for AR's so i am fitting quite well. Is it still okay to buy 1:16 with that spring or i should stay with 1:18.
Thanks for your answer and have a great day. 🙂

I cannot see any issue with switching to 16:1; the difference in speed and response is relatively small but noticeable.

If you really want to go for a very fast response, pre-cocking might be the answer. 

Of course, i am switching to jefftron beacuse of pre-cocking.
Thank you for your advice, soo I am going to buy my new gears right now!

I really appreciate it. ❤️ 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.