Cross threaded stock

Jacco

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had a great day today, following a balls to the wall end of the day CQB I took a rather embarrassing tumble and must have hit my stock on the ground. The stock/buffer tube was pretty loose and upon trying to tighten the screw I am getting noticeable cross threading feedback which has gotten worse to the point that the screw will now slide into the thread freely for about 10mm resulting in me not being able to properly fix the stock at all. 

How should I go about fixing this issue? The screw is noticeably bent slightly but I think the female part on the spring guide? Does seem to be cross threaded now from trying to tighten up. 

It's a specna arms sa-e14. 

20220508_214540.jpg

20220508_214647.jpg

Edited by Jacco

Measure the screw and buy a new one.  Buy a replacement QC spring guide; this one will probably fit: https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/products/Zero-One-Stainless-Steel-Spring-Guide-for-QD-Gearbox.  If it has 4 lugs rather than the two you need, you can remove two of them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.