KWC Glock 19 - Slide needs to be forced to fully engage into battery

Jamoy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, my friend gave me this old Glock 19, it has no trades on it but i think it is a KWC / KWA glock 19. Serial Number COP471US which when googled appears to take me to pages with KWC/KWA Glock 19 info on it.

Basically the gun has this weird issue where the slide will not fully enter battery for some reason. you have to apply significant pressure, more than a few pounds to actually get the slide to travel fully forward. This causes issues where the hammer will light strike the magazine flow valve and the gun will not cycle.

Even with the return spring installed its not nearly enough force to push the slide into the forward position resulting in the issue described above. I have attached images of the gun showing the issue. Any idea what is causing this? I think it may be an incorrect nozzle in the gun?

A video demonstrating the issue: https://streamable.com/kudgqc

20220508_190043.jpg

20220508_190145.jpg

20220508_190202.jpg

20220508_190216.jpg

20220508_190242.jpg

20220508_190300.jpg

20220508_190317.jpg

Edited by Jamoy

I’m no expert, but I’m going to say it likely has the wrong outer barrel to start with.

Show us a picture of the underside of the slide

13 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m no expert, but I’m going to say it likely has the wrong outer barrel to start with.

Show us a picture of the underside of the slide

Hey, here you go....

20220509_101300.jpg

20220509_101305.jpg

20220509_101329.jpg

20220509_101643.jpg

Edited by Jamoy
Added additional image showing outer and inner barrel seated on the chassis

5 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Looks OK, is everything spotlessly clean then lightly lubed?

Yea i completely disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt the gun and sprayed with some silicone. Ive not got the mag as the previous "tech" my mate gave it to lost it (yea i know). Il need to see if i can source a mag for it next pay day and give it a shot.

Okay i was having a think and tinker with the gun the other day. The tech that had tried to previously fix this gun must have jammed in tiny springs on the wrong side of the nozzle. These springs were like maybe 1 cm long? It was causing the nozzle to not seat correctly, you notice the gap of about 4 mm on the underside of the slide. I assumed that this gun didn't have any slide springs as they usually fall out easily as i am careful to not lose these springs, however guns seem to perform well without them.

I took these tiny springs out and the nozzle now can fully reciprocate and the gun now closes into battery flawlessly now. The thread can now be closed.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.