Classic Army Stoner LMG lower power output

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

Let me first start by saying that a lot of expertise has been used on this gun so far, but still getting a lower output that you would expect.

I picked on up a few weeks back and just at a loss.

The airseal is good, gear box has been checked over and anything bad from factory replaced. It is now running a M120, the hop has been looked at and the bucking replace by a maple leaf.

After all this its still only kicking out about 300 fps on .2s

Only thing we can think of is that the seal on the hop is just terrible but there isn't much i can do on that or maybe the nozzle.

I guess this is a question directly relation to anyone who has worked on this AEG

Any ideas? 

Cheers

image.thumb.png.fd138aa810466dca5fb722125578f593.png

I acquired a CA Stoner 2 weeks back and ran it for the first time yesterday. Initially I had issues getting it above 200fps that issue was was due to the spring they inserted during the importation phase it was 1/3 shorter than it should have been.

I’m getting 340fps using .2’s on stock internals, yesterday I ran into feeding issues and a bit of an inconsistent spread. I’ve ordered a prommy purple to try and help and I’m also looking to replace the hop unit with a Bullgear unit. Unfortunately they’re manufactured and sold out of Russia, so morally that’s on hold for now.

It’s a great AEG though, I had a lot of fun with it yesterday.

did it come into your possession new or used?

Edited by Biguk

Brand new. 

I too am waiting for a bullgear but going to wait a bit longer and get the Stoner specific one.
Not sure if or what the difference between that and the M249 one is 

https://bullgear.net/hop-up-classic-army-stoner-lmg-may-month

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.