FNX45 Civilian

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently got a TM FNX45 Tactical in dog poo, and I am very happy with it.

It is everything people who have praised it, say it is.

I have also become attracted to the black version, but in the Civilian format. This is the one without the extended barrel and raised sights.

Unfortunately TM only make the black version in the Tactical format. Only the Cybergun VFC made FNX is available in the Civilian version.

Now I know the TM FNX45 is superior to the Cybergun one, but I am tempted to get the Civilian anyway. And so I would appreciate advice from owners or ex-owners of the VFC gun.

The gun would not be used for skirmishing, and would only be shot occasionally. I know there are probably long term reliability problems with it, as there are with most non TM pistols, and that the internals are unnecessarily complicated, and VFC parts are hard to come by at the best of times. I have heard that the VFC slide rattles a bit, but then so do many pistols, including my TM Hi Capa, so unless the rattle is excessive, that would not be a deal breaker. 

In any case my limited use of it might mean that it would continue to function normally for a long time. None of my pistols are used in a game and all are bought primarily as collection pieces.

Would anybody care to talk me out of buying the Civilian? Or encourage me to go ahead and buy it?

Edited by emilianoksa

I’ve owned two VFC FNX’s, and around eight TM FNX’s.

Performance wise, as you know, the TM outclasses the VFC by a country mile, and obviously the civilian and tactical versions are identical internally.

The VFC is “good enough”, on a par with WE Glock performance, so for occasional use, absolutely fine. My issue is the premium price (about the same as the TM) and the impossibility of finding mags.

The two things the VFC has going for it are correct trademarks (if you care) and a pot metal alloy slide.

Personally, I’d by the black TM, modify, or get somebody to modify for you, the outer barrel and call it a day. Cross compatibility of mags, mega performance. Job done

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.