G&G TR16 battery compartment mod help

Hamster82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All, I’m running 11.1v titan nunchuks in my G&G TR16.

From what I can find online it’s common for these to be a very tight fit and to get around this people trim the tabs inside the stock.

im not the most confident when it comes to fiddling with my rifs and tend to leave everything stock but am concerned by how tight the batts are and how easy it would be to damage the connections getting them out.

has anyone trimmed or removed the tabs and be able to offer some advise on how to do it.

i don’t have a pic of the batt compartment on hand but can take one later if helpful.

Photo for the pew tax 

E42D53CD-1569-43B8-93A3-63351EFAAD81.jpeg

It is very tight. I ran 3 stick lipos and if you held two together and got the perfect @2 o'clock angle on the right tube and about 10 on the left tube with the other one you could just get them in.

I tried the Titan ones in hope, but they were just fractionally too wide, only maybe by 1 mm but it was enough that even with trying to trim the internal fins, they didn't fit.

I avoided jamming them down the main stock tube as I didn't want to touch the mosfet and fuse in there.

I have switched to a GBB now, so don't have to think about it anymore 😉

good luck.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.