Cerakote for my WE G17

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am putting up pictures of the slide, ejector (didn't realise it was a separate piece until I disassembled it) and outer barrel of my WE Glock. The modification to the outer barrel was done by me. It delays the common problem of the WE barrel snapping after a while.

It was bought from KY Airsoft in Hong Kong  in full OD green quite a long time ago, and has never been used. I recently decided to go for a two tone look and make the slide black.

Following a link from Rocketdogbert, I am sending these parts to Chris at Supreme Coatings. You might think that a WE doesn't merit such expenditure, but for me it does. The thing about almost all pot metal pistols that I hate is the cheap paint which wears off so easily. I don't mind wear on a gun as long as it looks natural.

And since I am a collector of pistols who likes to fiddle with them and put them on display, the cost is worth it to me. 

When I get the parts back I will upload pictures. Sorry for the poor quality of the before pictures posted here. I will try to take better ones when the parts come back.

slide 1.jpg

slide 2.jpg

slide 3.jpg

slide 4.jpg

slide 5.jpg

slide 7.jpg

Edited by emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.