ICS (Metal) MX5 SD2 connect swap questions!

Taiga

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I just picked up a ICS MX5 SD2 from fire-support, now the rifle is fitted with a mini tamiya connect, which I plan to switch to deans plugs as soon as I receive it.

So my question is, is there's anything else I should be potentially adding to this, on the listing it says it's rated for 7.4v Li-Po's which is what I use for all my other AEG's. I remember when I got my TM Aug High Cycle, I was advised to fit it with a mosfet when using Lipo's, would the same be needed for this gun? (Not really to knowledgeable about this stuff, but I'm pretty decent with soldering and electronics as I build/fly FPV drones)

Thanks in advance!

Simple MOSFETS prevent arcing on the trigger contacts which will make them last longer.  You can also get programable units to control fire rate and various bursts.

I'd advise a MOSFET for 11.1v but for 7.4v LiPos you don't need to use one to protect the trigger contacts as there is minimal arcing and it would take a long time to get any damage to the contacts.

Edited by EDcase

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

Simple MOSFETS prevent arcing on the trigger contacts which will make them last longer.  You can also get programable units to control fire rate and various bursts.

I'd advise a MOSFET for 11.1v but for 7.4v LiPos you don't need to use one to protect the trigger contacts as there is minimal arcing and it would take a long time to get any damage to the contacts.

Perfect thanks, I assumed since it's rated to run 7.4 Lipo's I'd be fine. Just wanted to make sure! Worst case I can always add one after if there is any noticeable damage.

Yeah, you don't need one but can add one later on.

Note that the in-line MOSFETS don't protect the trigger contacts but will protect the battery from being drained too far

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.