Cm.040c - Railed Handguard Won't Fit Ak74

FELIN-aboo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Folks,

So I pick up this AK RIS handguard for my cm.040c and after clunking metal and metal for a bit too long I have the feeling this handguard set won't fit my ak if at all.

Would any of you have a better idea if this handguard is even compatible with my ak74 or what brand it is? I picked it up locally, no brand or box, got it as is.

CheersIMG_20210619_011409.jpg

IMG_20210619_011341.jpg

image.png.a3809dc443264e9b7b22c923e9cf50db.png

It look to me like a UTG style quad rail system. I am not sure on the brand as there are many copies for airsoft most of Chinese manufacture and unfortunately with no box or packing it will be difficulted to tell. Any markings on the rail system?

As for possible installation the one I have, requires you to install the bottom handguard like you would the standard handguard and,  then align the handguard retainer into the appropriate cut-out/slot and flip the retaining pin over to lock it in place.  You then re-install your gas tube and then place the upper rail portion on top then using the provide Allen screws and screw it to the holes in the bottom rail part don't over tighten. 

This may be one possible installation method and that I used on my RS type 56-2 and its this style.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OAREA-Tactical-Handguard-Shooting-Accessory/dp/B07SDLD3W4 

Edited by Sniper780

Looks similar but I went loooking for other UTG as you said man.

I tried a few times to try fitting this one but the upper portion is too long and the lower has no room for the locking collar from teh original handguard.

So did some digging, its for a bloody saiga 12!

I'll get this returned but cheers for the hand, could do with a rail set like you linked!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.